Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:07:27 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Ed DeHart <dehart@pageone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLAN almost working with PCI adapter

In message <200006081521.LAA17373@darth.pageone.net> Ed DeHart writes:
: I should have caught this error.  To prevent others from making this mistake,
: the maintainer of the pccard.conf file should remove 13 from it.  Just
: a suggestion.

Good idea.

: It was suggested that I remove some of the devices from the system. It
: was making it hard to find a free irq and devices where sharing irqs which
: is not very good.  I disabled the sio2 and the printer port.  I removed
: the second ehternet card.  I built a kernel that only supported the
: hardware I needed.

Disabling the devices in the kernel isn't enough.  You must disable
the hardware in the BIOS.  The conflicts aren't in the software, but
rather they are at the hardware level.

Warner