Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:46:37 +0000
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        daved@nostrum.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolver Issues (non valid hostname characters)

> You'll notice that most of the Chinese SPAM you get is not
> Unicode-encoded; this is for a good reason.  ;^).
>
> The Japanese hate Unicode because it's in Chinese dictionary order;

Mmmm, I noticed this when trying to filter out my girlfriends
email for her to stop such spam. Which would have been easy had
she not wanted to let through emails from her (japanese) mother.
My first solution - to filter on character set - fell at the
first hurdle as I found they were using the same encoding.

<fascinating explanation snipped>

Thanks for the info - it makes a lot more sense now.

-pcf.