Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:01:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        Izzy <cereal.killer@wanadoo.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Openoffice Wont install in freebsd5.0

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Izzy wrote:

> Hello guys and gals,
>
> Im running Freebsd 5.0 on my laptop, because it does find my cardbus
> network card. Unlikely with linux.
> I need to run an office package for school and i dont want to use
> windows. So i installed fbsd5.0, but
> when i install openoffice from the tarballs given on the site
> openoffice.org i get this error
>
> The 'libpcr64ilf.so' component was unable to register

I'm just installing OO now from the ports tree, so I'll see what I get
(in about 48 hours time on my k6-2/333 :-()

Have you tried using FreeBSD 4.7 or 4.8-PRERELEASE ?  I personally don't
go anywhere near FreeBSD 5.x-CURRENT, as its so full of bugs and much
slower than 4.x.  Are you sure you card is unsupported in 4.7/4.8?

Bill.

> can anyone help me with this, coz i kinda need this office suite for
> school and i dont wanna install windows or linux, since they dont work
> good with my crappy computer.

Also, have yo tried installing OpenOffice Linux binaries using the Linux
binary compatibility stuff?  That is what I had to do with Opera once,
when I broke my X development environment and couldn't compile
anything graphical.

--
W. Palfreman. 			I'm looking for a job:
Tel: 0771 355 0354		http://www.palfreman.com/william/ for my CV.