Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:18:52 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc:        Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@via-net-works.net.ar>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO CD-ROM

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 09:34:44PM -0700, Annelise Anderson wrote:

> Is there a way this works without PAO?  I can't seem to
> configure a kernel that finds wdc1 (in -current with sources
> as of July 27).  The default line doesn't work and neither
> does port 0x180.

I didn't buy the CDROM for my VAIO, but I can tell you that non-PAO
FreeBSD doesn't currently support PCCARD ATA devices.  There are two
patches for wd to make it do so (one is mine and was really geared
toward compact flash cards, so it may make incorrect assumptions).

Long-term, PCCARD will be moved to newbus and the atapi replacement
driver for wd should be usable instead.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/