Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 19:54:52 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD-stable

> Time for me to ask a stupid newbie FreeBSD question...

No, it's not a stupid one..

> I see source for FreeBSD-stable, but no binaries.  So, stable is just
> like current, except more stable and less current?  ;-)

Naw, that's based more on the fact that I simply haven't had the
resources to create 2.1 snaps up to now.  One of the few good
side-effects of my recent -stable adventures was that it got me to
shell out for a P5/PCI upgrade to one of my older and slower 486/ISA
boxes, and now that box is a 2.1 build platform worthy of the task.

Now that -stable is looking like it's more or less put back together,
I've been rolling a 2.1-960606-SNAP (the 666 SNAP :-) which may or may
not prove itself to be actually installable.  If it is, I'll copy it
to wcarchive for everyone else to enjoy, also spamming thud.freebsd.org
with it so that we can start creating the 2.1.5 package set.

Of course, if it's not then you all may have to wait a couple of more
days.. :-)

					Jordan