Date:      Thu, 28 May 2009 02:13:46 +0100
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing distfiles?

On Wed, 27 May 2009 22:56:10 +0200
Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Using e.g. 'portmaster --clean-distfiles-all' only removes those
> distfiles that do not belong to installed ports.

I've not used it myself, but there is also a shell script called
distviper in bsdadminscripts which supports both of distclean's modes
without the ruby dependence.

Personally I much prefer the less aggressive mode (distclean -D) which
deletes files unreferenced by the ports tree, rather than unreferenced
by installed ports.