Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 11:52:20 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "bad day_of_the_month" (yes really !!!) cron questions

Thanks for the response Josef, however I did read both "man cron" & "man
crontab" and the reason I sent that message to the list is that I couldn't
comprehend what the man stuff was on about, and for that matter there's
nothing helpful either there or in the mailing list archives that talks
about about this particular issue. As far as I can understand, the crontab
command is irrelevant to what I'm trying to do, which is simply use the
default system crontab "/etc/crontab" to email stuff like ppp.logs to me
periodically . There doesn't appear to be any instructions in either "man
cron" or "man crontab" on what to put in the "/etc/crontab" file to achieve
the desired result.