Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2017 22:39:23 +0800
From:      "Kristof Provost" <kristof@sigsegv.be>
To:        irukandji <irukandji@voidptr.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail isolation from internal network and host (pf, vnet (vimage),  freebsd 11.1)

On 7 Nov 2017, at 23:43, irukandji via freebsd-pf wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Problem: isolating jail away from internal network and host "hosting"
> it.
> Environment: jail with 192.168.1.100, host 192.168.1.200, VIMAGE
> enabled kernel, VNET (vnet0:JID) over bridge interface (bridge0),
> single network card on re0

Can you show how you’ve started the jail and configured the network setup?
Are you running a vnet jail?

> I am unable prevent jail accessing host (192.168.1.200) for any other
> ip it is working, i have configured VNET just to have separated stack
> but host is still accessible from jail.

What pf rules do you have?

> Am I missing something or this is just something that cant be
> accomplished using pf? I am banging my head to the wall with this issue
> for past few months going radical lately (kernel recompile ;) )
> but still without any result.

It should be possible to do this, but there’s a lot of ways to set this up.

Also bear in mind that VIMAGE was experimental in 11.1. There are several
important bugs that are not fixed in 11.1 (but are fixed in CURRENT),
especially in combination with pf.

Regards,
Kristof