Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:25:39 +0100
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0-RC1 install: disklabel editor

For some reason, I can't find a way to create a swap partition using
the disklabel editor - other than by using Auto Defaults - and then I
can't see any way to adjust the size of the resulting swap partition.

This never was a problem with 4.x as far as I can remember...?

(After first discovering this, I figured maybe if I left the
pre-existing b partition as <none>, the install scripts would be smart
enough to use it as swap.  No way.  And after the scripts complained,
and I had been back through the disklabel editor again, installation
failed with

Error mounting /mnt/dev/ad0s3f on /mnt/usr: No such file or directory

while the other console said

newfs:/mnt/dev/ad0s3f: No such file or directory

After which it went ahead and installed anyway, only to fill up the
root file system, of course.

But this problem went away when I tried again after a reboot, so that
is a minor issue.)

- Harald