Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 00:17:16 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/security -> /etc/periodic/security ?

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

James Howard wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Ben Smithurst wrote:
>=20
>> Try the attached.  They haven't been thoroughly tested, but that's what
>> -CURRENT is for, right? :-) I even remembered to update the manual page
>> this time...
>=20
> This needs to have knobs and stuff located in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf

Umm, which knobs?  I added the only two options the security stuff currently
uses, what else does it need?

> Also, it would be cool if a security option were made to periodic(8).

Well, "periodic security" will work as long as /etc/periodic/security
exists, so I guess you just mean the docs need updating?  I'll get to
that if someone is actually planning on committing this stuff.

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--