Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:29:38 -0700
From:      Orion Hodson <orion@freebsd.org>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ICH sound after suspend/resume

/-- "Kevin Oberman" wrote:
| Re: kern/55395
|
| I see a patch to ich.c back on the 15th to "Correctly reset ich[3-5]
| sound cards on resume.", but I am still not able to properly use my
| sound card after a resume because the card starts clocking at the wrong
| rate, about 52K instead of the correct 48,000.
|
| There is nothing in the tying it to any PR, but it looks like it's
| trying to do the "right thing" on resume.
|
| As before, the sysctl for the sampling rate has no effect.
|
| Any ideas what I might try?

Kevin

All I can suggest is going through the ICH sound docs.  Intel write both
register descriptions and programmers guide for their h/w.  You might also
look at the ALSA driver.  I believe the speed problem most likely lies in the
AC97 resets.

I know I promised to look into this, but I've been struck by a shortage of
time lately and don't see the situation improving in the near future.  I'm
very close to calling it a day with the commit bit.

- Orion