Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 1995 21:58:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        michael@cybernetics.net (Michael Quigley)
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 021095-SNAP

As Michael Quigley wrote:

> I've not been able to boot the latest snapshot version on at least 3
> machines at my disposal.  They are all of varying configurations and
> processors.  Basically what happens, is that they lock up when trying to
> boot off the floppy.  I've made my boot disk the same way I did with
> 2.0-RELEASE:
>
> dd if=<filename> of=/dev/fd0 bs=18k

(btw., you need to add an option ``conv=osync'' and convert the ``bs''
to ``obs'' for the cpio.flp file -- it is *not* a multiple of the
sector size)

Can you please be more verbose about the lock up?  When does it
happen, what do you see, what can you do?

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/