Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:10:22 +0100
From:      "Paul Cocker" <paul.cocker@fph-tr.nhs.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   whereis fails

Trying to use the "whereis" command, e.g. whereis XFree86-4 only to get t=
he error:

Warning: Couldn't stat file /usr/local/man!
Warning: Couldn=
't stat file /usr/X11R6/man!
XFree86-4:

Neither of these directories =
exist (local, X11R6).  When I installed FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE I installed b=
in, crypto, man and ports.

Paul
PLEASE NOTE:
This e-mai=
l message is confidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the u=
se of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not th=
e intended recipient, please accept our apologies; do not disclose, copy =
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action on reliance o=
f its content. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Pleas=
e inform us that the message has been sent to you in error before deletin=
g it. Thank you for your co-operation.