Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:25:45 -0600
From:      Timothy Covell <timothy.covell@ashavan.org>
To:        "ekoz" <ekoz@melsa.net.id>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ps -aux

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 22:44, ekoz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a silly question..:) , How to make "ps -aux" only show user's
> process not all the process and how  to make my shell server more secure.
> By the way , its about 10 to 20 user log in to my server.
>
> TIA
> ekoz

Do you mean user's or users'?   I would read the man page if I were you,
but:

ps -a means show all processes with a tty
ps -u extended user information
ps -x show even those w/o a controlling terminal

So, you want ps -ux to show good detail on all of YOUR processes
(i.e. user's)

To see everyone's processes except for root (i.e. users'), then

ps -aux |grep -v "^root"

should do the trick.

--
timothy.covell@ashavan.org.