Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:41:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion

On 24-Jul-2004 Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 17:25, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:

>> > Yes, it was dealt with by making those ports point at the font
>> > package that provides truetype fonts.
>>
>> OK, but then what about the dependencies on Type1 fonts?  Those have
>> all just been dropped?  Might it not be better to ensure that both
>> packages are listed now as dependencies?
>
> Do those package actually depend on type1 fonts?  If so, then they
> should be fixed to depend on them.
>
> I didn't investigate deeply.  I'm pretty sure they just want a pretty
> scalable font.

Could be.  I haven't looked that closely at them, either.  :-)

Rather unfortunate, isn't it, that the font packages don't have a
one-to-one correspondence between the two systems.

Ah well, I'm sure this will all work itself out over time.  I am just
*so* pleased that the transition has finally come about and the tedious
running of pkgdb after every portupgrade will no longer be necessary.

Thanks once again for the great work!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"