Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:01:11 +0000
From:      "Richard P. Williamson" <richard.williamson@u4eatech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot messages to /dev/null

Hello,

I'm trying to configure my device (pentium based embedded SBC, has
a normal PC bios) to not output the normal boot messages to /dev/ttyd0.
I would be happy to have them go to /dev/ttyd2, however I get a dmesg
message similar to "sio2 irq 5 is not in bitmap of probed irqs".

I would prefer that the boot messages coming to /dev/ttyd0 be
redirected to /dev/null instead.  Alternately, they could be
output to the video device (there is no port for a monitor,
however).

1) What am I missing, viz sio0 irq not in probed irqs.
2) How can I get the boot messages to not be shown.

Pointers to documentation chapters accepted!

Regards,
rip