Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:54:03 +0100
From:      "Oskar Parmhed" <oskarparmhed@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE with no icons and no widgets

I just installed freeBSD 4.2 last weekend. Everything works fine until I
start the window-system. I've choosen KDE as desktop and it comes up nicely.
The desktop shows the familiar blue background and the grey bars at the top
and bottom. The icons on the desktop appears in black-only and no icons show
in the panel or taskbar. The buttons do work. Windows also can come up but
there are no visible widgets in the top-corners, again the buttons do work.
Basically all text works but no icons or images show.
I have found the icons under /usr/local/share/icons/ and it is ok for world
to read and execute there.
When logging out of X, there are several error written below the
"SVGA"-stuff saying: "PID could not be found".

is $KDEDIR on FreeBSD supposed to be /usr/local/? (That's where pkg_add put
it)

I've been working on this for a week but haven't succeeded, nor have I found
any postings explaining this here or at KDE.

Can anyone help ????

Oskar