Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 16:01:18 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@awod.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS version 2?

I'm trying to get a Debian Linux machine to use a FreeBSD STABLE machine as
a NFS data source. I've got this workign fine on an older Linux box, but my
newere ones are having trouble automounting the FreeBSD machines.

Manual mounting works fine.

I turned on all the noise for amd on the Linux side, and it appears that
the problem lies in the version neogtoan. That is the Linix side apeasr to
now nbe smart enough to know that there is a NFS version 3. So itappears
thet the FreeBSD side offers to provide V3, and then things go south.

Seems to me that the simplest way of fixing this is to force the FreeBSD
side to only offer V2. How can I do this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin