Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 1999 13:23:02 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz, FreeBSD Documenters <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Another Installation Guide [was: FreeBSD Advocacy]

Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Monday,  5 April 1999 at 19:16:32 +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
> > On 5 Apr 99, at 16:49, Sue Blake wrote:
> >
> >> Having decided to proceed, you've got a big choice to make.
> >> Do you want this to be an independent effort, or a FreeBSD project?
> >> There are pros and cons with each, but you can't have it both ways.
> >
> > This is something I may have missed before.  Everyone seems to agree an IG
> > is needed.  We now seem only to be debating the form: should it be part of
> > the Handbook or not.
>
> Yup, you missed it.  I said it in at least 3 messages.
>
> > Does this mean that if the IG is not part of the Handbook, then it's
> > not a FreeBSD Project? [this isn't directed necessarily at you Sue]
>
> Not to the same degree.  Darren made it clear that he didn't like
> doing it in the framework of the handbook.  That doesn't mean that it
> won't be gratefully accepted if he finishes it and does a good job,
> just that it's not a planned project.  I think Sue put the issues
> pretty well.

Kinda.  What got to me was the idea that if I wanted any support from
FreeBSD at all, I would have to abandon my original prime objective;
in which case it would be more productive for me to abandon the
project altogether and volunteer for the FDP.

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net           /\  / __         Our lies are merely the
gryph@mindless.com           /  \/OC/URNE       truth of another world