Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 01:47:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        softweyr@xmission.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        mallison@konnections.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Information Superhighway, etc. (was: Price of FreeBSD)

Wes Peters said:
>mike allison writes:
> > I have to differ....
> >
> > The subway system in New York was initiated in the late 1800's and most
> > the others were around long before the 2nd WW and WAY before IKE.  The
>
>No, I meant to say that the Eisenhower administration made the decision
>to build the interstate highway system and let mass transit rot.  This
>is why the longest of all US "Interstate" highways is named for
>Eisenhower.  (Ten net-dollar bonus if you can tell me which I-x0 is the
>Eisenhower; the only place I've ever seen it mentioned on a sign is in
>Santa Monica, CA.)

[ DELETED ]

The Dwight D. Eisenhower Expressway, or The Eisenhower as it is known in
Chicago is Interstate 290. I have had the displeasure of spending uncounted
hours of my life sitting on The Eisenhower studing the bumper stickers of
the guy in front of me while crawling home at 5 mph.

Josef "Give me mass transit or give me death" Grosch

--
Josef Grosch        |   Another day closer to a   |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@sirius.com  |     Micro$oft free world    | UNIX for the masses