Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 18:24:02 -0500
From:      "Gregory D. Moncreaff" <moncrg@ma.ultranet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   pkg_version usages & ramblings

A couple of things I seem to be doing with pkg_version often are
tweaking the script so it cleans directories

diff /usr/sbin/pkg_version
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/version/pkg_version.pl
307c307
< make clean all && pkg_delete -f
@<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
---
> make && pkg_delete -f @<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
309c309
< make install clean
---
> make install

and fetching all the updated distfiles in one online session
so I don't have to hear the phone dialing all the time...

pkg_version -c | grep "^cd" | awk '{ printf(" %s && make fetch\n", $0)
}' | sh

does anyone else other tailored usages [similar or otherwise];
should any of these become features?
--
Greg Moncreaff
moncrg@ma.ultranet.com