Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:59:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kevin <catnthat@bsdknight.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wireless

Matthew,

	Its pretty straight forward.

	Find out what nic you have, find it in LINT or GENERIC, make sure
that line is in your boxes kernel config file (i.e. mine is device wi ).

	Recompile and install the kernel.

	Make sure that something like this is in the rc.conf file.

pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_ifconfig="inet 192.168.0.42  netmask 255.255.255.255"
pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
pccardd_flags=" -i 10"

	If you have a nic in this box that is on a physical lan connection
and is on the same subnet the netmask for one of them has to be
255.255.255.255 and the other can be 255.255.255.0.

	Reboot.

	Season to taste.

	And thats pretty much it.

Regards,