Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:28:50 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Logo Contest

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:56:31 +0800
Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this all sounds like a very stupid idea to me.

Thanks!

Your conspiracy is over there ------->

> I never ever heard that a company has chosen a product because of its logo.

I have.  Can I put my hand up and vote now?

> Do you believe that Windows is this successful because of its logo?

No.  But the blue screens and hundreds of issues in the knowledge
base doesn't seem to hurt them much either.

I hear all of this "Stupid idea because of this this" and "cry and
whine because of that"

How does the *logo* (note, two dictionaries consider logo and
mascot different) being added hurt you?  I mean, other than
somehow forcing you to take a few moments to craft an email; me
as well.

This will also make it much easier to make clothing items which
can be sold to the general public, it also offers choice.  So
many complain that MS limits choice, aren't we doing that now?
We still need Kirks permission IIRC, to print designs with
Beastie on them.  Don't you think this may push advocacy, why
hinder that movement in any way?

I think this is the last I'll say about the matter though.

--
Tom Rhodes