Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:06:40 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Jason Lixfeld <jason+lists.freebsd-questions@lixfeld.ca>
Subject:   Re: Any current user experience with Asterisk on FreeBSD

On Jun 3, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> I don't like the idea of having to run Linux because their system
> tools just don't compare to FreeBSD, but I have had bad experience
> in the past with FreeBSD + Asterisk using software timing.  This
> time around, I have a TDM400P with an FXO for timing, but I'm not
> sure what the zaptel support is like currently.
>
> Asking around in asterisk land is useless because they are all
> linux zealots so I can't get a straight answer except for "FreeBSD
> Sucks" so I'm hoping someone on this side of the fence can give me
> a little more comprehensive overview of their experiences.
>
> The system isn't anything complicated..  Just MoH, the TDM400P and
> Meetme..
>
> Anyone have any experience, one way or the other?

You might want to ask on the asterisk-bsd list

bsd>, <mailto:asterisk-bsd-request@lists.digium.com?subject=subscribe>

 From what I gather it seems to be getting better.  I tried back in
Jan and had some issues with my TDM400 cards but it sounds like the
issue was fixed.  I am just getting back in and am probably going the
Linux route :-( for now since it seems to be more mature there and
the 3rd party add-ons are Linux based and I just need to get the
phone system running and forget about it (figuratively).

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider