Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:10:18 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Documentation Project <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Style Challenge!

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> On Wed 1999-10-06 (16:39), Narvi wrote:
> > > . Two spaces after '.'
> > >

> > No!!!! I can't see why you should even think about this.
>
> It's much more readable in my opinion, and it does seem to be the way
> things are being done currently.

They aren't. About half of the articles are that way.

The same applies to the handbook. A lot of the periods have only one space
following them.

I would vote for removing the double periods, not expanding the others to
two. Or leaving them alone.

[snip]

> > > (oh, and does it matter about combining whitespace/markup/content
> > > changes in the articles at this point, without any translations?)
> >
> > The translator will really hate any pure formatting style changes.
>
> There are no translations, to my knowledge, that correspond to the
> English articles, as opposed to the books (handbook, faq, &c.).

Handbook and articles should imho follow the same style.