Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:02:30 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@streamyx.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for something to do?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:42:19PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Once the volumes are mounted, they will show up.  That should have
> worked for a long time.  However, I was trying to add the ability of
> putting user-mountable volumes (e.g. CD-ROM) on the desktop before they
> are mounted (giving the user the option of mounting them from the
> desktop).  This is not working for some reason.

Here's what I got:

User mountable drives show up in the Computer folder, and double
clicking on them does try to mount the drives.

Apart for vfs syctl, in fstab, I had to fill in the full path to my user
mounted dir.

/dev/da1s1 /home/kaeru/mnt/camera msdos rw,noauto 0 0

I can't however create any type of link to it on the desktop. It fails
with a "Unsupported Operation" on a file operation message.