Date:      Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:03:25 -0500
From:      "Robert Ken Francis" <rkfrancis1@adelphia.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   notebook multi-homed question

Hello,
This is probably a common hardware configuration.  I have a wireless NIC in my notebook
and a built-in NIC.  My wireless NIC is 10 times slower than my built-in NIC so I prefer
to just plug in the built-in NIC when I can.

I would like to have them both going to the same router.  In my Windows partition I have
a "Network Bridge" to bridge together the NICs.  The soft bridge has its own IP address.
The advantage is that I don't have to configure anything or do anything.  It just works.
Is there a software bridge like this in FreeBSD?
Thanks
Rob