Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:11:48 -0400
From:      "Marcelo J. Iturbe" <marcelo@msm.cl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: instalation questions

Hi,
Sorry if this got to the list twice but we had problems with our server and=
=20
I do not know what email got sent.
I also had problems receiving mail... so if any one replied to this email=20
please send me your message again.
Thanks in advance.
Marcelo

>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:31:39 -0400
>To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>From: "Marcelo J. Iturbe" <marcelo@msm.cl>
>Subject: instalation questionk
>
>Hi,
>I have a few questions regarding instalation and opration.
>
>1) I would like to install FreeBSD via FTP. The computer which I will be=20
>installing it on, does not have an operating system installed.
>I was trying to go through the instructions found at=20
>http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html. However, the instructions=20
>refer you to a bootable floppy, and then there are instructions on how to=
=20
>make the bootable floopy from the CD-Rom.
>I downloaded ls-lR.gz from cdrom.com trying to figure out which files I=20
>might need. I found the dos tools required to make the floopy but not the=
=20
>files. can some one help me out with this matter? Which files I need to=20
>create the bootables?
>I would like to install 2.2.8 stable since this is going to be a highend=20
>server.
>
>2) The server which will run FreeBSD, currently has 1 PentiumIII Xeon=20
>500Mhz cpu with the capacity to grow up to 4 CPUs.
>If I add more CPUs in the future, will this have any implications on=20
>FreeBSD? Or will just work naturally and recognize them both at start-up?
>
>3) This server has 2 nine gig hard drives (raid 5 model). They are=20
>hotswapable. I would like to have the 2 hard drives mirror each other at=20
>all times. How can I acomplish this? I would imagine that once that is up=
=20
>and running.. if I have to remove one of the hard drives I would have to=20
>a) stop the mirroring software b) unmount the drive and c) remove the=20
>drive. Or can FreeBSD handle someone just pulling out the hard drive?
>
>Thank you for your time and feedback.
>
>Regards,
>Marcelo

                  ICQ 22921676
                  MSM Interactive.
      Dario Urzua 1940, Providencia, Chile.
Phone: (56-2)204-3510=A0 Fax: (56-2) 204-3508
Email: marcelo@msm.cl=A0=A0=A0=A0http://www.msm.cl