Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:02:37 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting PPP netmask! HOW!

In message
<Pine.BSF.3.91.961112151910.1559F-100000@panda.hilink.com.au> "Daniel
O'Callaghan" writes:
: True, but sliplogin or slattach or gated (something, I can't remember
: which) *does* apply the interface netmask to decide which hosts are
: gatewayed by the remote end.  Probably just some fudging, as you say.

We use gated here to keep sane routes.  We'd give it up in about 2
seconds if something better were to come along, however.  It is a pain
in the butt to setup.  About 1/2 the time in getting a slip/ppp
connection going in the village is fighting modems.  The other half is
gated config file problems :-(.

Warner