Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:21:57 -0800
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [comp.os.linux.announce] xpdf 0.6 - a PDF viewer for X

Jordan:
Our system administrator asked me, some months ago, what should they
choose between Linux and FreeBSD for their internet courses. Knowing
they wanted to hear "Linux" from lips, I told them if they wanted user
level applications, they should choose Linux, but if they wanted to use
it for servers and other serious stuff they should prefer FreeBSD.
Their experiment with 20 linux PCs failed (to difficult to maintain!),
but now that they learned some things I can send them a copy of my
FreeBSD CD (we bought a PLASMON!).
In those days, version 2.0.5 was available, today version 2.1.6īs
usersland is far away and very near to Linux.
Thanks for the chat, it was illustrative on what to expect from FreeBSD,
and I still have no doubt FreeBSD will grow and native versions will
arrive, but itīs good to have Linux around. :)

best regards,
Pedro.