Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:33:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Determining # of mail's per user

	What's the easiest way to determin how many emails a given user
has on the mail server?  I need to generate a list of how many emails and
how much space each mail file is taking up per user.  I'm having a space
problem on one of the mail servers and I want to create a simple formatted
output that I can put into a spreadsheet program and view who are the
biggest offenders.  I could do it by mail file sizes, but to the less
experienced telling them they have 150 megs of email on the server doesn't
make as big an impact as saying they have 25,000 emails just sitting there
idle and taking up space.  Plus it gives me some tangeble numbers to put
in the records.

	There's also the fact that some users recieve large files on a
regular basis but are good about checking their mail and cleaning it out
regularly, so I don't want to punish them while punishing the true
offenders.  Anyone got any good suggestions for me?