Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:41:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sgt B <sgt_b2002@yahoo.com>
To:        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Orinoco Gold Card (8420-WD) Problems

Well, thats just my luck. I recently purchased the Linksys WPC11 and the Dlink DWL-650. Both of which are on the FreeBSD hardware list, but both of the cards are the "new" version of these cards, and are no longer compatible with FreeBSD. I guess I can add the Orinoco Gold card to the list as well.
Does anyone know if a developer for FreeBSD is working on this issue?

Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:
Orinoco card model number is 8420-WD

As far as I was able to figure out, this is the 'new' gold card, and
the web page says that it only works with Windows. The 'classic' gold
card, model 8410, is said to work with Linux and other operating
systems.

I was told by a reseller that the 8410 is discontinued.

--
Greg Troxel