Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:20:26 -0500
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Security Info.

I have a computer running FreeBSD 3.2-Release.  I have this machine
connected to our Internal Lan, and dialup PPP connected to our ISP.
All our machines on the Lan get internet access through this 'gateway'.

I thought since our connection was 'temporal' that I was fairly safe.
<blind ignorance>.  After a recent posting to this list, I decided to
do some poking around on it.  Wow was I suprised.  I could get
to the machine and telnet into it from the internet.  Not good.
I need a short course on locking down this machine so folks can't
hack into our internal LAN.

All pointers greatly appreciated.

Darryl