Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:02:32 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cyrus IMAP - No AUTH capability

Anyone...

I've used Cyrus 1.5.xx in the past without issue, and have recently built
the Cyrus IMAP port on a 4.0-STABLE box.  All went well with the build and
install.

However, when I went to set it up, it will not authenticate under any
circumstances, and I'm at a loss as to how to repair the problem.

Checking the capabilities of the server, I get the following:

. capability
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE \
 UIDPLUS X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT
. OK Completed

The only errors I get, are in /var/log/messages, telling me that there's
no authentication mechinism availiable (clear from the CAPABILITY list
from the imap server itself).

pwcheck is running.

/etc/pam.conf has the default imap entry:

imap  auth  required  pam_unix.so  try_first_pass

I've also tried commenting out the pam.conf entry, but it made no
difference.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

-Troy