Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:09:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is bpf a part of IPFW, or am I confused?

I started to do some research for a kernel compile that should migrate
my system into the future I came upon the line "options bpf" in the
kernel config file.

I have searched the handbook and the manpages and not really understood
the role of bpf. Is it supposed to be enabled when I use IPFW or is it
another beast altogether, best left undisturbed?

/Andreas