Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 11:42:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Gregory M. Shaffer" <gshaffer@nosc.mil>
To:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Cc:        gshaffer@cod.nosc.mil
Subject:   ATAPI ZIP Drives

-------

My SCSI ZIP disk broke down. Before I replaced it I looked through the mailing lists
archives to see if the "IDE" ZIP disks were supported (they are) so I when out and
bought one. I added the approriate info to my config file and rebuilt and installed
the new kernel. When I boot the system I get the following:

wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc0: unit 0 (atapi): <IOMEGA  ZIP 100       ATAPI/23.D>, removable, intr, iordis

No device is assigned to the disk (I would exepct to see wd0) and I cannot access
the disk. I also noticed that the ZIP probes as an ATAPI device. Does FreeBSD
support ATAPI ZIP drives?

This is my fist try at using IDE, can some one point out what I am doing wrong?

Greg Shaffer

PS. I am running current (as of Oct 8) on a Tyan Tomcat III with 2x166, 64MB RAM,
Adaptec 2940, ATI Mach64.

-------