Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:55:05 +0800
From:      jumbler chi <jumbler.chi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jumbler_chi@mobitai.com.tw
Subject:   install FreeBSD 5.2R under Bochs-2.1.1

Hi!
  I want to install FreeBSD 5.2R within Bochs.
  I inserted FreeBSD bootable CD , and created a new 500Mb image file
for virtual HD via bximage.exe tools.
  When I dedicated bochs boot from cd-rom , it seems un-bootable.
 Alternatively, I copied boot.flp to Bochs folder and booted from
virutal floppy , it's bootable. but when it want to install whole
system, I chose CD-ROM media , sysinstall said " cannot mount
/dev/acd0c , Input/Output error " .

what's happen ?!
  Do you have any the successful experience or any suggestion ?!

R.G.

ps. My bochs configuration is as following:
megs: 64

# filename of ROM images
romimage: file=$BXSHARE/BIOS-bochs-latest, address=0xf0000
vgaromimage: $BXSHARE/VGABIOS-elpin-2.40

# what disk images will be used
floppya: 2_88=boot.flp, status=inserted

# hard disk
ata0: enabled=1, ioaddr1=0x1f0, ioaddr2=0x3f0, irq=14

ata0-master: type=disk, path="c.img", cylinders=1015, heads=16, spt=63
ata0-slave: type=cdrom, path=/dev/acd0c, status=inserted

boot: floppy

log: b.txt

mouse: enabled=1

keyboard_mapping: enabled=1, map=$BXSHARE/keymaps/x11-pc-us.map