Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:07:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
Cc:        <openoffice@freebsd.org>, <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: openoffice-1.0.0

Hi,

> installed OO 1.0.0 on my (patched) 4.6-rel systems.
> However, I had to change the Makefile and Imakefile somewhere in
> work/oo.../nas/unix.../misc/build/nas.../. It was using a variable
> $(PERL) that didn't work. Chaning this to /usr/bin/perl solved the
> problem. The main cfg-file in work (sorry, forgot the name,
> FreeBSD-something it was) strangely unsets this Variable but never sets it.

Hmm, I never encountered this problem.

> Besides I have noticed that the program crashs when selecting
> new->presentation right after starting. Opening a new spreadsheed first
> and a presentation from there seems to work, though.
> Hope this helps in improving the port.

Hmm, how do you mean "crash". Does it just hang ? Then upgrade your sources
to FreeBSD STABLE.

Or try to "kill -27" the hanging prozess several times. This should help.

PS: Write to openoffice@freebsd.org only next time. We have a special
mailinglist for this port.

Martin