Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:19:44 -0500
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd config help?

My home network is connected to the InterNet thru a FreeBSD box using ppp.

I've noticed that lately I don't even bother using the proxy stuff I set
up because it's just not easy enough to use and it doesn't handle all of
the cases I need.

I'd like to lose the proxy stuff, and I was hoping that I could use natd
to allow the machines inside the network to access the internet using
the single IP address I have from my ISP.

I don't want "outside" machines making connections to machines on my
"inside" network - I want all incoming connections going to the gateway
box.

The natd documentation isn't a lot of help and www.freebsd.org is
pingable but otherwise nonresponsive, so I can't go thru the mailing
list archives.

Can somebody point me toward a "recipe" that will pretty much do what I
want?

Thanks...