Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 00:25:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        tjon@anvil.wtc.com (Chris Tjon)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 2.0-950322-SNAP to 2.0-950412-SNAP

As Chris Tjon wrote:

> Can I simply extract the src distribution from the 4/12 snap and compile it
> on a 3/22 system or will this cause problems?

Should be possible.  Anticipate problems with the removal of
libgcc.so.261.0.

I guess (!) if you're going to do a ``make world'', it should do it.
(But it will take time; it used to build things like the C compiler
two or three times.)
--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/