Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 19:54:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jbarrm@panix.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI QIC (was Re: QIC-80 & 15 day return policy)

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Jonathan M. Bresler stands accused of saying:
> > 	received a flyer in the mail from computer systems center for a
> > Connor (nee Archive) Anaconda SCSI-II 1.3GB (native, 2.6GB compressed) QIC
> > tape drive.  these are no longer listed on the Connor home page
> > (http://www.conner.com/products.html).   $195 internal, $259 external.
>
> Hmm; I recall hearing someone a while back who was happy with theirs.
> If it's a real Archive as opposed to a Conner then I'd give it a go
> (especially if you can send it back if it sucks 8)

	i have decided to 'give it a go'.  i have a 15 day evaluation
period.  the unit should arrive on thursday.  called QIC to get the
relevant specs.  the unit uses dc9135 tapes from 3m aka QIC-136.

	more to come

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG