Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:14:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Vahric MUHTARYAN <vahric@doruk.net.tr>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: When FreeBSD have higer performans than Linux and When Linux have	higher performans than FreeBSD

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:

>     I red Explaining BSD documents and on 4.7 Which should I use , BSD or
> Linux section it said that " BSD systems , in particular FreeBSD , can have
> notably higer performans than Linux but this is not accross the board In
> many cases , there is little or no difference in performans. In some cases ,
> LInux may performa better than FreeBSD .
>
>     *Now , I wonder When or Which situations FreeBSD have more performans
> than Linux ?!
>
>     *I wondor too When or Which situations Linux have more performasn than
> FreeBSD ?!
>
>     I used Linux too much but I never use FreeBSD in production Env. because
> of this I can't compare it

"Suck it and see." That is, if you're interested in comparing
performance for your application, run your application on both platforms
and measure the performance. If you have specific questions about tuning
for a particular application, then the man page tuning(7) has some
information; or bring specifics to the list.

Work #90: As many pseudo-intellectual sycophants as necessary to make one
inarticulate scotsman think he's a genius in command of The Profound.