Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:22:21 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hosting question

If I wanted to start a little business hosting simple web sites,
where I could offer small business
customers the ability to use www.customer_name.com,
what kind of server should I have set up?

My internet host offers something called domain servers, and virtual
servers. With both customers can have www.customer_name.com.

Would the virtual server option allow me to set up a number of different
(customer) websites, each with customer_name.com ?

My idea is not to get into the equipment business (other than my home
FreeBSD machine), but rather buy the
use of someone elses server for the job.

What kind of a server/service am I looking for?