Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:18:25 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Derrick Francis <derrick.francis@x-feds.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Support for FreeBSD 4.10/4.9

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 02:28:09PM -0800, Derrick Francis wrote:
> Have a simple question.  If someone to request support for version 4.10=
=20
> or 4.9 how would they be supported?  Please let me know.  I need to=20
> verify this version of FreeBSD is still supported.  Thank you.

Generally speaking these old versions are not supported at all.  They
might still be receiving security support (see
http://www.freebsd.org/security/), but if you e.g. try to report a bug
then you'll mostly get people telling you to upgrade to a supported
version first (since after all there's a good chance the bug is
already fixed).

At this point you really need to plan to upgrade to the 6.0 series,
since that's where the future lies.

Kris

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND--