Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:22:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Conditionally removing cosmetic messages for small kernels (PICOBSD).

> If I were to do/start the work on the rest of the system, would this be
> acceptable?  Initial patch attached.  (There seems to be "quirk" fixes
> mixed in with the cosmetic stuff, so the patches aren't as clean as they
> could be.)

This sounds like a great idea to me. I've been pondering hacking up
patches for BUILD_TINY/BUILD_SMALL options throughout various system
utilities, but I just haven't had the time to look at it yet.

Being able to tune various parts of the build process better (memory
footprint vs speed etc..) would allow us to tailor PicoBSD to more uses
than we're currently able to.

Marius