Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:45:42 -0700
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Harti Brandt <harti@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: De-orbitting ATM-HARP

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 09:40:55AM +0200, Harti Brandt wrote:
> BMS>Oh. Don't remove that. Userland PPP needs it. People who are using ADSL
> BMS>modems of any kind will still need it.
> Does it really use socket(AF_ATM, ... or socket(AF_NATM, ...? Any chance
> to convert this to netgraph sockets?

It uses an AF_NATM socket. I believe we probably could do a conversion to
use ng_atm quite easily, and for the ATM case that would certainly be
desirable, however there are then the issues of making /usr/sbin/ppp
dependent on libnetgraph.so, will the original author/maintainer be happy
with such a change, and so on.

BMS