Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 22:07:48 +0200
From:      Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   documentation on sysctl vm.defer_swapspace_pageouts?

Hi,

where can I find documentation on the vm.defer_swapspace_pageouts
sysctl?  LINT only mentions it, without explaining, man sysctl doesn't
mention it at all, and even Google yields very few useful results...

I was looking for a way to tune swap-usage a bit, I heard Linux has a
"swappiness" setting (telling the kernel how easy it should go with
paging out), and I hoped FreeBSD would have something similar.
vm.defer_swapspace_pageouts might do the trick, but so it seems to be
poorly documented...

GH