Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 21:02:41 -0700
From:      "Robert Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        jon@caamora.com.au, serge69@nym.alias.net, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, witr@rwwa.com
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

** For Your Eyes Only **

>On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 02:57:09PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> > You have said clearly what I tried to say...
>>=20
>> I still don't see a productive exchange taking place, and I blame you
>> and you specifically for making it non-productive by starting it with
>> lots of hair-pulling and "gosh, can it be that the great FreeBSD is
>> really a nasty piece of crap?" style statements.
>
>thats not the way it read to me .. but then i'm not an american=20
>english fan, nor is english my forst language.
>
>pity you bigots couldn't see that and have hounded yet another=20

<snip>

Hey, take it easy dude, take a chill pill or something.  Like these guys =
said they=20
do it as a volunteer effort and share with us for free.  If you insulted =
their country
or their mother they would probably just yawn and say so what?  But insult =
their=20
work and it's fighten time.  If Sergey wanted to contribute something he =
went about it the wrong way.  Now your trying to get a point across in =
absolutely the
wrong way too.

Maybe your remark will be construed as not insulting their work and you =
will=20
more or less be ignored, but then again maybe not.  If you continue with =
these
type of rants then you better break out the Redhat disks maybe you'll =
be=20
happier there.

These people have long memories and when or if you really need help =
with=20
something and your job or reputation is on the line, well then you kinda =
burned
that bridge didn't you.  So please remember, even though at times these =
guys
sound kinda snippy, you have to remember what they are trying to deal with =
is
enormous.  Now top that off with someone who is being obnoxious and you =
get
instant flame.  Sergey was being obnoxious and he understands and
communicates very well in english, the thread was not about language, but =
about being polite and providing info if you want help.

Now let's drop it and get back to work, please.