Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:28:17 -0500
From:      Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Guy De Lee <GuyMac@pandora.be>
Subject:   Re: freeBSD on Mac

At 01:10 PM 2/14/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>I just want to ask a -maybe stupid- question.
>I'm a total newbie in unixsystems and since I'm being educated in
>networking I would like to know if I can install a freeBSD version on a
>Macintosh and what freeBSD version I should download. I'm now busy
>studying the freeBSD handbook from your site but I would like to excercice
>with it on a Mac. I'm now running OS X which is based on FreeBSD (Darwin)
>I would like to have more control over that system, but before I do that I
>sure want to know how things work. I have to start somewhere, don't I ?  I
>think you'll get my point here by now.
>So as a total newbie I want to know If there is a version available for
>Mac, which one I can download and where.

Guy,

Several people have already suggested you look at NetBSD - advice that I
echo - but another system that may work for you is OpenBSD.

OpenBSD runs on the Mac, as well as many other platforms, and may be more
suitable for you depending on what it is you want to do. You can find more
at www.openbsd.org.

Hope you find what you need!

         Matt

--
Matt Penna                                      mdp1261@rit.edu
ICQ: 399825                                     S0ba on AOLIM