Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 05:14:40 -0600
From:      timothy r krell <trk@penguinsuspenders.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on the ThinkPad T22

I've been digging around on google (geocrawler as well), and I've found
several dozen reports of T21-series Thinkpads not being able to boot
after having FreeBSD installed on them.  I'm looking to install FreeBSD
on my new Thinkpad T22 this weekend, but I've not been able to dig up
any information regarding the T22 and FreeBSD compatibility.  Has anyone
successfully installed FreeBSD 4.3 (or any version, for that matter) on
their T22, or is this a hopeless cause?  I'm hoping IBM fixed the
stupidity of doing weird things with paritition type 165 in the BIOS,
but I'd like to confirm before torching my working Linux-2.4.5 setup and
installing 4.3.  Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Tim Krell
trk@penguinsuspenders.net